Information Security Global Banking Group
My client, one of the leading Global Banking Groups, is looking to attract a Group Head of Information Security to join their London based business. Your key responsibilities will include managing a team that oversees the implementation of Information Security policies across a complex global platform, the successful roll out of all standards to meet information security requirements (of internal processes and external regulatory bodies) and ensuring that all strategic solutions for assessing, measuring and reporting Information Security risks are successfully implemented.
- You will be responsible for leading the team that identifies Information Security risks and determines their impact on a diverse set of business functions, thus enabling you to assist in the development of suitable policies frameworks to mitigate them.
- You will be responsible for the provision of an Information Security Risk Assurance programme that is as simple and effective, as well as being as standardised as possible.
- You will be required to lead a direct team as well as manage and direct indirect reports who are based in many different locations globally.
- You will be a subject Matter Expert (SME) providing specialist knowledge in an advisory capacity to a broad range of Risk Management teams helping them to improve how they identify risks and also suggesting changes to risk management processes allowing greater flexibility to meet the changing risk landscape.
Required Technical Knowledge
- You will have the ability to assess the effective application of standardised Information Security Controls in different business units and functions.
- Ideally you will have direct exposure to a lines of defence model and worked closely with 1LoD in a major Financial Services environment.
- You will also be required to liaise with other closely aligned business functions, primarily - Audit, Risk (specifically Operational Risk) and other relevant 2LoD functions
- You will have a strong understanding of risk management and specifically how information security risks impact and integrate with the existing banking risk / control frameworks
- You will be able to communicate technical issues clearly and effectively to a technical as well as a non-technical audience
- You will have a demonstrable track record of successfully managing a multi-location team
- Solid background in developing and managing global or regional standardised operational processes
- You will have worked in a complex, diverse and global environment