Our client, a major Investment Bank based in London, requires an experienced Business Analyst / Contractor / Consultant with a track record of delivering projects focused around change management initiatives with regulatory driven deliverables. This project requires exposure to, and broad understanding of, the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book - FRTB - and the likely implications of the forthcoming definitions outlined by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision - BCBS. We also require experienced individuals who have been involved in the planning and preparation of the waiver application or waiver submissions.
You will be supporting the project focused upon the detailed planning, preparation work and identification of inputs for the waiver for the FRTB implementation.
- Contribute to the refinement of the submission methodologies and infrastructure
- Strategic projects associated with the submissions and control frameworks
- Contribute to the definition and completion of submission activities, proposing enhancements and changes.
- Understanding of the forthcoming rules determining a clear split of instruments between the trading and the banking books
- Understanding of the methodologies used in the computation of the CVA capital charge
Technical experience required
- At least 3-5 year's experience in Risk Management within an Investment Banking environment.
- Knowledge of pricing, risk management techniques and controls
- Strong conceptual understanding of the common types of risk models and engines
- Understanding of different Banking P&L techniques and regulatory themes
- A strong knowledge of current Market Risk regulations including CRDIV and FRTB (CBS 265)
- A proven track-record in seeing deliveries through from conception to planning and implementation
- Demonstrable strength in requirements analysis and experience with large-scale systems development.
- Strong client management skills with the ability to build relationships with Risk subject matter experts at all levels, including senior stakeholders and Senior management, and influence them
Ideal candidate background
- Related experience in Capital Markets, Fixed Income or Treasury at a major financial institution or consulting company
- Experience analysing multi-currency balance sheets and yield curves
- Deep understanding of capital markets
- Exposure to benchmarks regulatory and oversight efforts at a major financial institution or consulting company
- An active interest in regulatory requirements
- Proficiency in Excel / MS Applications. Some Macros / VBA skills are preferred.
- Strong communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills demonstrated across boundaries, locations and multiple layers of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to win trust and respect of business partners
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
- University degree in finance or mathematical discipline